Resident Relations Receptionist – Mila (684 Units)
Resident Relations Receptionist
Reports to: Property Manager Supervises: No one
Wage Status: Hourly (Non-Exempt eligible for overtime)
A Resident Relations Receptionist position requires a passion for people and dedication to providing superior customer service at all times within a luxury residential setting. The position is often demanding and fast-paced, requiring excellent time management, good communication and problem-solving skills. On a daily basis the Resident Relations Receptionist will interact with residents and guests from varied backgrounds and walks-of-life, and therefore an amicable personality and unflappable disposition are a must for a successful receptionist. Fluency in one or more foreign languages is also a plus.
Each duty must be performed with the focus and accuracy it requires. The essential knowledge, skills and abilities you need are outlined below. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the job’s essential functions.
• Handles all resident and/or guest interactions with the highest level of hospitality and professionalism, accommodating special requests whenever possible; assists customers in all inquiries in connection with the office services, hours of operation, in-house events, directions, etc.. Responds to all customer requests in an accurate and timely manner making recommendations based on local knowledge and office practices.
• Answering phone calls and setting appointments with prospects to tour our community.
• Project an approachable and professional image in personal appearance, manner, and demeanor.
• Maintain a work environment of cleanliness and organization.
• Acknowledge and greet all residents and guests with utmost courtesy and urgency, moving out from behind the front desk to open doors and assist residents and guests as necessary.
• Listen and work with residents who present service opportunities. Attempt to resolve them and/or elevate to the Property Manager when matters are outside scope or ability.
• Responsible for reporting unusual or extraordinary circumstances regarding the property or residents.
• Follow up with all customers to assure successful completion.
• Responsible for seeking educational opportunities and self-improvement for personal growth and development.
• Works harmoniously and professionally with co-workers and supervisors.
• Maintains familiarity of all community amenities and activities. Gives directions to amenities and events within the property.
• Maintains consistent presence at work station.
• Create and plan resident activities, participate in resident organization and functions.
• Use professional telephone etiquette in handling resident and prospect requests. Use OneSite Service Requests system when necessary.
• Provide access control to Fitness Center and remain vigilant of non-residents and their purpose for being on property.
• Adheres to company standards for resident and guest services.
• Fill in for Leasing Consultants as needed, especially when someone calls in sick or is on vacation.
• Other tasks or duties as assigned by supervisor.
• A High School education or equivalent is required; college degree in hospitality management or business administration is a plus but not a requirement.
• Ability to fluently read and write English
• Accurately perform intermediate mathematical functions.
• Minimum of one year of high-end luxury or hospitality or property management experience preferred.
• Ability and flexibility to work any of the seven days of the week, 52 weeks of the year including recognized Holidays. Our property staffing limitation makes it critical for you to work your scheduled hours consistently as well as overtime if necessary when requested.
• Work different shifts or hours as needed to accommodate resident functions and activities.
• Ability and flexibility to serve on-call, as scheduled or as necessary.
• Ability to travel to attend various company gatherings either in the general vicinity or your home, property, or in another state.
• Valid driver’s license and current automobile insurance is required; position requires own vehicle to fulfill all of job’s functions.
• Must demonstrate a positive attitude and professional demeanor, service as an ambassador for the company and encouraging co-workers to do the same.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to problem solve issues for residents and/or guests.
• Excellent communication, organizational, decision-making and interpersonal skills
• Team oriented with ability to work independently on occasion
• Strong customer service orientation
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret all forms of information
• Well organized with ability to prioritize and multi-task under pressure
• Demonstrate tact and diplomacy
• Ability to stand, walk, sit, talk and use phone. Ability to lift up to 30-50 pounds. Requires the use of close and distance vision.
• Basic computer and Internet knowledge
• Expanded knowledge of the Internet
• Intermediate knowledge of MS Word and Excel; proficiency with Outlook
• Ability to operate and understand personal computer functions and company utilized software packages
Learning and Development
• Commit to ongoing professional development and career growth
• Must wear career apparel based on defined company standards