Leasing Manager – Carlton Arms (900 Units)
MAJOR GOALS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Leasing Manager is responsible for managing the leasing and move in process.
- Assisting in the achievement of the Community’s annual budget plan
- Accounting functions relating to leasing
- Direct leasing and marketing tasks
- Ensure move in satisfaction
- Approve rental applications and lease files
- Designated reporting; market survey, bonuses, unit availability
- Upholding all Company policies related to customer service.
Maintain a positive customer relations attitude. Physically inspects property when on grounds, picks up litter and reports any service needs to maintenance staff. Inspect move-outs and vacancies as needed. Experienced and knowledgeable of all phases of leasing and resident retention. Greets prospective clients, shows community and performs leasing duties as needed. Answers and handles incoming phone calls from prospective new residents, current residents, vendor/suppliers, etc. Maintains awareness of local market conditions and trends and maintains an accurate market survey. Contributes ideas to Manager for marketing community and improving resident satisfaction. Updates required reports concerning move-out notices, unit availability, market surveys, monthly commissions, leasing activity, etc., on a daily basis and provides information to the Manager. Organizes and files all applicable reports, leases and paperwork. Proofreads all lease paperwork and rental applications to ensure accuracy and policy compliance. Contacts new residents to ensure a positive move in experience. Accepts service requests from residents and routes to maintenance for prompt processing. Performs any additional duties as assigned by Property Manager, Regional Manager, or any member of the Corporate Accounting Department.
PEOPLE MANAGED: All leasing associates.
CONTACTS: Customers, residents, prospects, vendors, contractors, on-site associates, property manager, regional property manager, corporate office personnel
BEHAVIOR TRAITS, ATTITUDES AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong commitment to company goals and values
- Sets an example for fellow associates as a self-starter, self-motivator, leader, trainer, organizer and planner
- Good communicator and listener
- Committed to the success of each associate as a member of the team
- Excellent people skills
- Possess and continually improve sales and marketing skills
- Problem Solver
PREREQUISITE (i.e. education, experience):
- Knowledge of the property management industry
- Management and/or sales experience
- Prefer someone with prior apartment management experience
- Computer skills
WORK HOURS: Minimum of 40 hours per week. Regular scheduled typically includes weekends.
NOTHING IN THIS JOB DESCRIPTION RESTRICTS MANAGEMENT’S RIGHT TO ASSIGN OR REASSIGN DUTIES OR RESPONSIBILITIES AT ANY TIME.