Leasing Consultant – Bainbridge Lake Crabtree (200 Units)
Each duty must be performed with the focus and accuracy it requires. The essential knowledge, skills and abilities you need are outlined below. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the job’s essential functions.
• Completes lease form or agreement and collects rental deposit.
• Responsible for insuring the “model” apartments and target apartments are ready for show;
responsible for maintaining work areas and office in clean and orderly manner; need to have an
awareness of the “curb appeal” of the property.
• Thorough knowledge of lease terms, specifications and all community policies.
• Knowledgeable of required telephone and sales techniques.
• Knowledgeable of current market conditions.
• Fully informed of current rental rates, sizes, locations and all amenities of property.
• Maintain contact with all apartment locator services and local businesses to provide informational material. Update periodically.
• Responsible for “shopping” competitive properties.
• Develop full knowledge of application information required, screening processes and policies
• Responsible to conduct out-reach marketing at least once per week.
• Develop and maintain an on-going resident retention program under direction of Property
• Responsible to play an active role in the renewal process.
• Responsible for proper maintenance of all resident and property files.
• Responsible for maintaining and updating Advertising Log Book.
• Efficient and timely processing of all required administrative forms, reports and related
• Responsible for reporting unusual or extraordinary circumstances regarding the property or
• Courteous, efficient handling of resident requests and complaints.
• Responsible for maintaining a professional appearance and attitude at all times.
• Responsible for seeking educational opportunities and self-improvement for personal growth and development.
• Responsible for assisting Assistant Manager in collection of delinquent rents. Participate in planned resident activities.
• Other tasks or duties as assigned by supervisor.
• Ability to work any of the seven days of the week, 52 weeks of the year. Our property staffing limitation makes it critical for you to work your scheduled hours consistently as well as overtime if necessary when requested.
• Ability to serve on-call, as scheduled or as necessary.
• Ability to travel to attend various company gatherings either in the general vicinity or your home, property, or in another state.
• Valid driver’s license and current automobile insurance is required; position requires own vehicle to fulfill all of job’s functions.
• Excellent communication skills
• Team oriented with ability to work independently on occasion
• Superior sales skills
• Strong customer service orientation
• Leadership skills and coaching ability
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret all forms of information
• Well organized with ability to prioritize and multi-task
• Demonstrate tact and diplomacy
• Basic computer and Internet knowledge
• Expanded knowledge of Internet marketing
• Intermediate knowledge of MS Word and Excel; proficiency with Outlook
• Ability to operate and understand personal computer functions and company utilized software packages
Learning and Development:
• Commit to ongoing professional development and career growth
• Must wear career apparel based on defined company standards
• No specific previous experience required.
• A High School education or equivalent is required; college degree is a plus but not a requirement.
• Ability to fluently read and write English.
• Accurately perform intermediate mathematical functions and use all on-site resident management software functions.
Wage Status: Hourly (Non-Exempt, eligible for overtime)