Housekeeper – Hamilton (265 Units)
Reports to: Maintenance Supervisor/Property Manager
Supervises: No one
Wage Status: Hourly (non-exempt, eligible for overtime)
The main goal of this position is providing curb appeal by keeping all areas of the community clean and attractive. Primary duties include removing trash and litter, cleaning the leasing office, windows, amenities, models and various vacant apartments. You may also use people skills to respond to service requests and repairs following safe work practices and in a manner that upholds our excellent reputation for customer service.
Each duty must be performed with the focus and accuracy it requires. The essential knowledge, skills and abilities you need are outlined below. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the job’s essential functions.
- Work with service team to ensure excellent curb appeal at all times.
- Maintain all public and common areas of the property in a clean, neat, attractive condition. Specific duties include but are not limited to removing all trash and litter, wiping down and cleaning windows and common furniture, cleaning the leasing office, amenities, models and vacant apartments.
- Report physical safety hazards in community to supervisor.
- Participate in company training classes and meetings as required.
- Maintain superior customer service relationships with residents, co-workers, vendors and the community.
- Adhere to the company’s safety program and policy and procedures.
- Responsible for the care, maintenance and inventory of all supplies and equipment owned by the property and/or the management company.
- Responsible for reporting unusual or extraordinary circumstances regarding the property or residents.
- Other tasks as assigned by the Property Manager.
- No specific level of education is required.
- Ability to fluently read and write English for safety and productivity reasons.
- Ability to accurately perform basic mathematical functions.
No specific level of experience is required.
- A valid driver’s license and current automobile insurance is also required. Position requires own vehicle to fulfill all of the job’s functions.
- Use of general cleaning equipment and tools including but not limited to: hand tools, paint equipment, ladders, cleaning chemicals, vacuums, and hoses.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, use hands to finger, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to walk. The employee is frequently required to sit, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, talk, hear and/or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, outside weather conditions and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Learning and Development
- Commit to ongoing professional development and career growth.
- Must wear career apparel based on defined company standards.