Courtesy Personnel – Hamilton on the Bay (265 Units)
Reports to: Property Manager
Supervises: No one
Wage Status: Discounted Housing Allowance
As the Courtesy Personnel you will ensure residents enjoy a safe and orderly community through the use of on-site patrols, friendly interactions with residents, and monitoring/reporting disturbances or other issues related to the protection of the community.
Each duty must be performed with the focus and accuracy it requires. The essential knowledge, skills and abilities you need are outlined below. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the job’s essential functions.
- Responsible for walking the property twice per 24 hour period, particularly common areas including the leasing office, club houses and vacant units to insure all doors, windows or other entrances are securely locked. Also responsible for walking the outside storage areas, laundry rooms, pools and fitness facilities and locking them at the time specified in the property rules and regulations.
- Responsible for walking the swimming pools for property swimming attire, proper use of pool/spa, non-resident use and glass in and around the pool area.
- Respond to minor disturbances and emergency calls.
- Submit a written report daily to the Property Manager listing the property occurrences and any property safety issues that require addressing. This includes, but in not limited to, burned out light bulbs, parking hazards, broken irrigation heads, and recommended maintenance repairs.
- Adhere to the company’s safety program and policy and procedures.
- Other tasks as assigned by the Property Manager.
- A High School education or equivalent is required.
- College level courses as required by the city or state by which employed.
- Ability to fluently read and write English.
- Generally, a minimum of one year experience in law enforcement or related field.
- Experience level may vary due to the special needs of the property.
- Must be a licensed law enforcement officer or licensed in ta related field of law enforcement.
- Must be licensed in the same county or municipality as the property at which they work.
- A valid driver’s license and current automobile insurance is also required.
The position requires the ability to communicate effectively with people and handle all types of situations as necessary. In addition, the position requires the following skills:
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Good physical condition.
- Strong customer service orientation.
Police academy training or related law enforcement training is required. Additional training in emergency response, DPC and first aid is also required.
Position requires the ability to work all of the seven days of the week, 52 weeks of the year. This position should not exceed ten (10) worked hours a week.
Courtesy Personnel are required to live on the property at which they work.
- Position requires individuals to furnish their own vehicle to make necessary round of the property. Persons must be able to drive the vehicle without jeopardizing the safety of residents and fellow associates.
- Position requires individuals to be able to use required safety equipment.