Concierge – BLVD2801 (576 Units)
Reports to: Property Manager
Supervises: No one
Wage Status: Hourly (Non-Exempt eligible for overtime)
A Concierge position requires a passion for people and dedication to providing superior customer service at all times within a luxury residential setting. The concierge position is often demanding and fast-paced, requiring excellent time management and problem-solving skills. On a daily basis the concierge will interact with residents, vendors, and guests from varied backgrounds and walks-of-life, and therefore an amicable personality and unflappable disposition are a must for a successful concierge. Fluency in one or more foreign languages is also a plus..
Each duty must be performed with the focus and accuracy it requires. The essential knowledge, skills and abilities you need are outlined below. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the job’s essential functions.
• Handles all resident and/or guest interactions with the highest level of hospitality and professionalism, accommodating special requests whenever possible; resolves customer complaints, assists customers in all inquiries in connection with the office services, hours of operation, key personnel, in-house events, directions, etc.. Responds to all customer requests in an accurate and timely manner making recommendations based on local knowledge and office practices.
• Responsible to play an active role in the renewal process as requested.
• Project an approachable and professional image in personal appearance, manner, and demeanor.
• Maintain a work environment of cleanliness and organization.
• Acknowledge and greet all residents and guests with utmost courtesy and urgency, moving out from behind the front desk to open doors and assist residents and guests as necessary.
• Listen and work with residents who present service opportunities. Attempt to resolve them and/or elevate to the Property Manager when matters are outside scope or ability.
• Serve as information liaison to Property Manager. Responsible for reporting unusual or extraordinary circumstances regarding the property or residents.
• Follow up with customers to assure successful completion.
• Maintain key log and all applicable data sheets. Take ownership of all appropriately loaned keys or fobs to vendors, contractors, residents and/or guests.
• Responsible for maintaining a professional appearance and attitude at all times.
• Responsible for seeking educational opportunities and self-improvement for personal growth and development.
• Process packages, faxes, messages, and mail which may be either outgoing or incoming in an accurate and timely manner. 1
• Works harmoniously and professionally with co-workers and supervisors.
• Assure that desk collateral and information for restaurants, museums, attractions, maps and other local attractions are updated and current. Know what activities are available in the city (theatre, sports, concerts, shows, and special exhibits, sightseeing) and establish close contacts with vendors in these areas in order to provide information, ticketing, and reservations for residents and guests.
• Maintains familiarity of all community amenities and activities. Gives directions to amenities and events within the property.
• Utilizes a variety of software programs as per the needs of the community/property. Adheres to all Front Desk procedures including, but not limited, to; reviewing and completing Daily Activity Reports; completing incident reports for management; and responding to emergency situations.
• Maintains consistent presence at work station.
• When so directed, participate in resident organization and functions.
• Use professional telephone etiquette in handling resident and prospect requests. Use OneSite Service Requests system when necessary.
• Assist and coordinate with new move-ins as necessary.
• Provide administrative assistance with resident files, ledgers, which may include information regarding current employment, work telephone, number of vehicles parked on property, license numbers, assigned parking number/permit, and emergency information.
• Provide access control services and remain vigilant of non-residents and their purpose for being on property. Monitors and announces visitors and controls access to the property. Reviews access control cameras frequently and reports any suspicious activity according to Front Desk Procedures.
• Adheres to company standards for resident and guest services.
• Other tasks or duties as assigned by supervisor.
• A High School education or equivalent is required; college degree in hospitality management or business administration is a plus but not a requirement.
• Ability to fluently read and write English
• Accurately perform intermediate mathematical functions.
• Minimum of one year of high-end luxury or hospitality or property management experience preferred.
• Ability and flexibility to work any of the seven days of the week, 52 weeks of the year including recognized Holidays. Our property staffing limitation makes it critical for you to work your scheduled hours consistently as well as overtime if necessary when requested.
• Ability and flexibility to serve on-call, as scheduled or as necessary.
• Ability to travel to attend various company gatherings either in the general vicinity or your home, property, or in another state.
• Valid driver’s license and current automobile insurance is required; position requires own vehicle to fulfill all of job’s functions.
• Must demonstrate a positive attitude and professional demeanor, service as an ambassador for the company and encouraging co-workers to do the same. 2
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to problem solve issues for residents and/or guests.
• Excellent communication, organizational, decision-making and interpersonal skills
• Team oriented with ability to work independently on occasion
• Strong customer service orientation
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret all forms of information
• Well organized with ability to prioritize and multi-task under pressure
• Demonstrate tact and diplomacy
• Ability to stand, walk, sit, talk and use phone. Ability to lift up to 30-50 pounds. Requires the use of close and distance vision.
• Basic computer and Internet knowledge
• Expanded knowledge of the Internet
• Intermediate knowledge of MS Word and Excel; proficiency with Outlook
• Ability to operate and understand personal computer functions and company utilized software packages
Learning and Development
• Commit to ongoing professional development and career growth
• Must wear career apparel based on defined company standards